LED Back Light
- Silhoutte opaque objects.
- Check for homogeneity in translucent materials.
- Use in combination with a polarizer over the back light and a polarizer in front of the camera lens to check for scratches and other defects in transparent materials.
LED Ring Light
- The most common machine vision light.
- Provides relatively even illumination for diffuse surfaces.
- Use a polarized ring light and a polarizer in front of the camera lens for imaging specular surfaces.
LED Spot Light
- One or more spot lights can be used to create a variety of solutions.
- Position on axis with the camera to provide contrast between reflective and diffused surfaces.
- Position at a 45° for diffused lighting.
- Position at an oblique angle to highlight surface geometries.
LED Bar Light
- Ideal for long distance and large area inspection
- Commonly used for edge or defect detection
LED Area Array Light
- General purpose lighting for machine vision
LED Dark Field
- Provides oblique illumination of the object to highlight surface geometry or surface deformations.
LED Dome Light
- Diffuse illumination for challenging surfaces
- Provides glare and shadowless illumination
LED Line Lights
- Lighting for line scan cameras
- Provides an intense and narrow line of light