Matrox® AltiZ is a series of high-fidelity 3D profile sensors. Each sensor features a dual-camera single-laser design that greatly lessens the scanning gaps often encountered at critical surface junctures because of optical occlusions. Unique algorithms running inside the sensor automatically generate various types of reliable 3D data—individual profiles, depth maps, or point clouds— obtained by smartly combining or selecting the pixel data from the two integrated image sensors, which is automatically sampled for a constant horizontal resolution.
- Leverage dual-camera single-laser design to deliver exceptionally high 3D reproduction fidelity
- Scan scenes quickly with profiling rates of up to 11,000 per second
- Gain from unique embedded algorithms to generate consistent profiles, depth maps, or point clouds
- Benefit from truly standard GigE Vision® interface to work directly with Matrox Imaging and third-party vision software
- Simplify cabling with Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) support
- Deploy confidently in tough industrial settings thanks to a solid IP67-rated aluminum housing and M12 connectors
- Benefit from several fastening points to facilitate fixing one or more sensors to gantries and robots
- Streamline sensor setup and verification via the Aurora Capture Works utility for Windows® and Linux®
3D line profiling is a long-standing and well-established technique for generating a three-dimensional representation of an object. It uses the principle of laser triangulation whereby an image sensor views a laser line that projects onto an object. The laser line bends to follow the contour of the object, which results in a profile; this profile is analyzed to compute the depth or height along the width of the laser line. Object length is determine by accumulating profiles at regular intervals by either moving the 3D device over the fixed object or the object below the fixed 3D device.