- 2.20 GHz 5th Generation Intel Core i7 dual-core processor, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, 32 GB SSD
- 4 full-bandwidth Gigabit Ethernet PoE ports for GigE Vision cameras
- 2 full-bandwidth USB 3.0 ports for USB3 Vision cameras or storage
- Kintex-7 FPGA for image coprocessing and custom I/O triggering, synchronization, and communication
- Windows 7
- The IC-3173 high-performance, fanless industrial controller is designed for developers who require the highest level of processing power and connectivity for automated image processing and control applications in extreme environments.
This controller features a 2.20 GHz Intel Core i7 dual-core processor, 8 GB DDR3 RAM, and 4 GB memory in a rugged design with no moving parts. A Kintex-7 FPGA offers more system performance and flexibility. Developers can use the FPGA both to accelerate image processing as a coprocessor and to create custom digital I/O timing, synchronization, and communication.
The IC-3173 provides ideal connectivity to both GigE Vision and USB3 Vision cameras. Developers can use its 4 Gigabit Ethernet and 2 USB 3.0 ports as well as its onboard CPU and FPGA processing to work with large, multicamera systems. The IC-3173 has onboard ISO, TTL, and differential digital I/O, so it can perform synchronization and control tasks without additional tethered I/O. The controller also supports the most popular industrial communication protocols like EtherCAT, EtherNet/IP, and Modbus to control and communicate with other automation equipment such as motor drives, robots, and programmable logic controllers.
Developers can use LabVIEW system design software to create, debug, and deploy logic to the IC-3173 through hundreds of prewritten libraries for image processing, analysis, communication, control, and motion. With these validated software libraries, developers can reduce the time they spend piecing together software components from different vendors and troubleshooting compatibility issues.